Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Drenched Love


Her heart broke with a louder shatter this time. She dared not make a sound. Shhh... Be silent, and maybe no will notice... if you're lucky that is.

He offered to help her. She stared at him, trying to see if he could pick up those pieces and mend them again. Can he? How I wish you could help, she thought. And then, just for a split second, she found herself in a weak moment. She kept staring at him, trying to find something in him she once believed in as a religion. Why was he not looking at her in the eye? He couldn't. Was he ever such a coward? She suddenly didn't know him anymore. Her gaze, with those silent, numerous questions, that helplessness would be too much for him, maybe. Maybe her eyes would haunt him. He didn't want that. He couldn't help it.

Silently, she walked away and out of the room where the air vibrated with this complication that now held her life at stake. She did not want to look back. No. She didn't have the courage to see that man change. It was raining heavily and she was drenched instantly. She couldn't have cared any less now. Once upon a magical time, he held her world together from falling apart. Once, his deep voice had resonated in her dreams, ridding her of fearful, sleepless nights. His eyes had been loving; his smile had been warm and his arms had been protective. And rains... it was something they both adored. Playing for hours in the rain with not a care of the world around them. They were always so absorbed, always so much fond of each other, that the whole world would fade into the background... She stopped thinking... she had to... she was going crazy. Today... oh today, the man she was leaving behind was someone else. His voice was distant, his arms no longer embraced her, his eyes could not meet hers anymore. Something was amiss; and today, despite being a few inches from each other, they were worlds apart.

The world hadn't matter once upon an enchanting moment, when the days were sunny and the nights twinkled. No one had mattered more than him when those days and nights had been filled with his innocent tokens of affection. And she was very much in love. They say love hurts. Does it? She couldn't believe. He loved her too... deeply.

But today, the man she didn't want to look back at, was definitely someone else. This had to be. I don't know where he is anymore! He never went away... he would never leave me. This is just someone else in his skin. He can never hurt me.. no he cannot. A tear fell down her cheek. How can they say he never cared? What do they know? How can they possibly know how much those little things meant? Do I need to hear it from them? He was my faith in people again and if mere mortals could be worshipped... had it been anyone else but him? No!! They don't know... They don't know how I cherish those memories... those smiles he left with me... that sense of strength he gifted me.. they don't know... no... they don't... he...

She broke down in terrible sobs. The sky weeped with her... 

... he's still here with me, in my heart... People stay with you when they die, don't they? He's just lost somewhere from where he cannot return... Does that mean he deserves to be hated by me? No... How can I hate him... how... can... She was crying bitterly. How can I possibly...? She started choking. She had to get a grip on herself. I can't go on like this. She, now, sat on the edge of a foot path and took deep breaths, trying in vain to soothe herself. Slowly and gradually she composed herself.

Today, that man she left behind didn't matter. She knew wherever he was, he still loved her. How couldn't he?

And with these thoughts, she sat on that foot path and decided to bathe in heaven's waters. Finally, it felt as if something had been left loose in her. The chains that seemed to bind her had faded. She smiled after a long time. She could feel him. He was around... inside her.





--
picture courtesy: deviantART


67 comments:

  1. very nice, mehreen :-)

    i love the rain.
    Your new design is sooo cheerful! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mehreen Congrats and well done, nice new template, well make it very nice, liked it 2 much well make it 4 much....haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. People meet for reason. people part for reason. the more you try to change the cosmos, the more complicated life would seem. you could either be part of the flow or face the flow. Meher, weigh your options if you choose to select the latter. take care lil angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I love this!
    I loved every single ways you described something, it really makes me wanna read this more than once.
    :o <3

    -Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is where I HAVE to say EXCELLENT! I mean I LOVED THIS! It said so many things to me..

    1. Never make someone a Priority when he/she only makes you an option!

    2. Love goes beyond the end of a relationship..

    3. People change.. even tho it hurts so bad to see it... if it is not for what we think to be the best!

    4. I love, LOVE... Even tho it hurts sometimes!

    Mehr! I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I said, You're back and How? Brilliant. But can you actually do that? Not hate him?

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww...the end was so cool!!! The rain means such different things to different people!!! You should have submitted this in TWL's contest....you sure would have won!

    The template as I already mentioned looks amazing....

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your new look [template]
    i love the way you write
    i love the crunches in my heart
    and i just love love love, LOVEEE!!!
    yippie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice blog, Mehreen. For a second, I thought it was my ex-girl friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drenched Love! I say, Drenched in Love, Maya.

    You are, like always, sensational. Lovey dovey, of course. Sangat ka asar hai, I guess.

    Always smile.

    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mehreen,

    Nice depiction of true emotions on breaking off a loving relationship.
    Very effectively projected.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww.. maybe you brought out ME! Loved it!

    She still loves me :):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. huh..i dnt kno how many times i have to say NICE
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohh mushy mushy waala post....
    Rain makes it more mushy :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. ... and you've done it yet again. Geez, aren't you getting tired? ;)

    Kidding... :P

    :)

    Peace. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you my dear have a way with words!

    ...intense and beautiful.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok first i love d new template n d header rocks...

    d post well brilliant as always...runnin outta adjectives here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully expressed, as usual. I love the way u give life to even the smallest feeling inside of us.

    And I agree with Sawan. ppl meet and part for a reason. Its the Nature of life. And if not for those meetings and separations, we'd never know of such beautiful posts like this one wud we?


    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  19. sometimes parting is the best solution in a relationship even though both love each other very much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. gud work meqsi ..... it ws one of ur posts which really gve me ride thru my past. awesome ..... n ya nice outluk for the blog ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Valentine's Day, Mehreen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Sadiya

    :D

    thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Agnes

    Rains have me thinking of romance :P

    thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ Dreamers Dream

    I'm happy to hear that... me smiles :)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Anil

    You're right... have nothing more to add...

    thanks for always being there :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ Meera

    I had Lena made it for me. Her link is in the credits at the end of the blog page :)

    Will keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  27. @ Ne

    *hugs*
    I'm very happy to see you saw what I wanted ppl to see :)

    keep smiling baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. @ Rakesh

    :)
    me is happy happy

    tough question ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. @ Akshat

    yeaaaaa i wish i had come up with this one before :(

    thanks :)
    you take care too :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. @ Secret Dhaka

    thanks for appreciating :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. @ Seher

    I'm smiling wide girl :)
    thanks for so much appreciation :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  32. @ Anonymous

    Sensational is too big a word for me :)
    thanks for the sweet words, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. @ Shrav

    Awwww.... I'm sure she does :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. @ Nice Guy

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. @ Anurag

    hehe yes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. @ Joiedevivre

    :)
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. @ Nachi

    you, sir, have a way with compliments :P

    me smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. @ Kartz

    hehehe... aren't you tired reading yet?? ;)

    thanks buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  39. @ Mayz

    hehe thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. @ Keshi

    thank you for the very kinds words Keshi. Hehehe.. yes, we wouldn't have nice posts, plus, we wouldn't realize the value of a person if we knew we can never loose them :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. @ Renaye

    yes.
    thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. @ Adeel

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. @ Americanising Desi

    hehe thanks a bunch babes :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. @ Shrav

    Hey buddy, happy valentine's day to you too :)
    thanks for wishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. @ Geoff

    Happy Valentine's Day to you both too :)

    It's really nice to see you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. You have a superb blog and this writeup was amazingly well written and tragic :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I felt like warm sunshine as I read it...

    ReplyDelete
  48. really well written it just had so much of pain in it...but hw can one not hate him.

    ReplyDelete
  49. He was around...inside her.


    That line took the cake for me..
    Felt great reading this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Sorry for dropping by late!!
    The new look is breathtakingly beautiful!
    The post...well...made me drop a tear...
    Was very sweet!!
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  51. ok, i am feeling jealous of you miss future booker prize winner
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  52. @ Komal

    thanks for dropping by my page :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. @ Ria

    thanks for appreciating :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. @ Dewdrop

    Awww... so sweet :)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  55. @ Shruti

    Was waiting for you to come around :) Hope your exams went well :)

    thanks for liking this one too honey bee!

    ReplyDelete
  56. @ Aayushi

    thanks baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. @ Jixed Pixie

    hehehe you needn't be jealous :) I'm just a beginner :)
    thanks for taking the time to come over to my personal blog from the group blog :)

    nice to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  58. one cannot hide talent, right? and thats what you have.. beautifully expressed, sweets :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. @ Lena

    *HUGS*

    thank you :) that was quite a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  60. That was so touching...very beautifully expressed...couldn't help having tears in my eyes...
    Brilliant post!!!

    Keep going girl!!! :)
    http://emotionsunveiled.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails