Saturday, December 20, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Ah, when you smile at me you know exactly what you do
Baby don't pretend, that you don't know it's true
‘Cause you can see it when I look at you…
Oh yes! This was it… I sat back and rested my eyes on her. She sensed my change of attention. Her innocent eyes wandered up from her book and then to me. She gave a childlike smile. We remained so for a few moments. Eyes locked. Finally the spell of silence broke between us.
The train stopped and a gust of noise came. The rumbling sound as the train was stopping, the railway guards rushing here and there to help people with their baggage and managing them. People were talking and laughing loudly, happy to have reached their destination. We still sat in our seats peacefully and silently, oblivious to the world around us. I held her hand…
We had reached our destination also.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Sunday, October 12, 2008
What do you mean by 'are you that fat?' ?? I'm okay you know. My friends think I look great. So I must be...
But the question is: how much is okay? I see those tiny skinny girls and wish I could be slimmer. On the other hand, some make me realise I'm lucky to have some life in me.
Girls are so crazy over being extra-slim. Trying to shed off every inch of fat on their bodies. Sheeesshh! They really have nerves to continue this never ending diet control. After a certain limit, some of them start looking under-nutrition, till they become completely unattractive.
Now when it comes to me, I'm a big food lover. I've enjoyed health, and for the last 2-3 years, I became chubby. Gosh I loved those wonderful things mum cooked. Apart from the usual stuff we have, I was big fan of chinese cuisines, fast food, pizza; which meant lots of cheeze, and chocolates were my weakness. I loved having sweets, soft drinks...
Basically, almost everything.
A big problem, yes.
There came a time when the bad things started happening. I began feeling bad about myself. Everyone said I have a pretty face, but I should loose weight. I didn't pay attention at first, till I started hearing this often :/ I tried, but I guess it wasn't hard enough. I would give in to something delicious. That was a failure!
While writing this, I'm aware of the fact that some of my readers will no doubt have more knowledge on this subject. Please add something to my knowledge if you can via your comments. I would really appreciate it if you help me and many others in attaining a healthy-eating lifestyle through your feedback. Corrections, ofcourse, are most welcome.
I started a one-hour walk that I did very honestly and regularly everyday. But make sure you slowly and gradually increase your pace else you will hurt your leg muscles. Yes ofcourse you will have days when they will hurt, but it's okay to give it a break, provided we don't do it every other day. I found that doing so helped me walk better the next day. Make it a bit easier for yourself this way, instead of hurting yourself and give up on it altogether. How much pace is right? Simple. Walk at a pace that leaves you slightly out of breath. Just follow this simple rule and you will be at an increased pace everytime your body can it without you even noticing it!
- Get shoes you are really comfortable in, preferrably the ones made for walking. Makes sure it has a little room at the toes.
- The shoe should be flexible. If it bends into half then it is too flexible.
- Walk short distances at first. If you have no pain problems, then gradually increase distance.
- Cement is a hard surface to walk on. So initally, walk on tracks etc.
- Treadmills can cause feet problems too. Start with a slow pace and gradually increase it.
- Don't use cotton socks. Try synthetic ones. They reduce friction, absorb less moisture.
- Some easy stretching exercises can be done before walking as a warm-up. It helps.
Drink lots of water!! That's what I came across at many different places. I used to complain because drinking made my tummy bigger :/ That was only for a while. Honestly gals, it really boosts up the entire weight loss process. Some of the benefits it will be doing for you are:
>> regulating your body temperature
>> lubricating joints
>> nutrient transportation
>> ensuring proper digestion
>> a healthier skin that glows
For more information on this and other related topics, see this page.
And it's directly linked to loosing weight because:
>> water encourages proper kidney function, so that the liver burns more fat
>> an excellent appetite suppressant; you feel fuller with absolutely zero calories taken in!
>> helps body to work at its optimal level that helps it to burn more fat
Drinking "lots" of water can be a little difficult especially if you haven't been taking enough of it lately. I was one of those girls who didn't drink it much. So here are some things I tried to get myself going.
- I set aside a 1-litre water bottle for myself that was almost always filled with 1-litre water at adequate temperature.
- Somehow I found it easier to drink from the bottle rather than from a glass. Strangely I got more water in this way than I would have had if I used a glass.
- Don't think about how much you have to drink, just drink!
- And while you're drinking, think of all the good things this water will be doing for you soon. The benefits are endless aren't they??
Best of luck!!