Monday, June 8, 2009

Glimpses of Her


I caught a glimpse of her as the university bus passed by. She seemed anxious to get home and glowed with excitement. She told me once it all started as something she never thought twice about, yet now she was holding her heart tightly, for fear of losing it to him any moment. I questioned her worries; I asked her what made her so weak. She had no clue.
I could see she did not want to think. She was always looking away in the distance, always avoided thinking about herself, to look inward. The fire in her was dying, her laughter couldn’t reach up to her eyes. They had become glazed. I often wanted to ask her what troubled her, left that question for fear she might lose her composure. She was surrounded by friends and I could see she was trapped. She wanted to break free but never dared; her wings were weak. She would fall.
Then I had seen her grow happy, with the laughter reaching her eyes and coloring her ever so childlike cheeks. I saw the glaze break down and the curtains falling. From the silent girl with dreams forgotten, she became someone I always thought she could be. I wanted to know more about her new found happiness but maybe she had closed her eyes to have that happiness. I did not want to ruin it for her. She had, by all means, the right to live in bliss. I wanted to look after her, but maybe she already had someone now.
A little further and I saw her standing outside the gates of a medical college. Despite the heat, she looked happy. She was thinking of someone, probably the one who was the reason of this change. I did not stop by her; I did not want to break her spell, for she looked best when she dreamt of happy dreams. I wondered if her nightmares had spared her; I remember the frightening details she once told me and prayed someone might come and hold her when she was scared. The innocent easily fall prey to evil; I hope he’s there for her every time she’s wakes up from a bad dream.
I… Oh… she’s smiling to herself. Does she even know she’s in love? Now I smile too.
I walk on till I come to a stop. She sits there head bent, talking to someone, crying bitterly. I want to know what the trouble is about. I can’t hear a word, slowly she stops crying. My heart leaps out to her, but I am happy she has someone to soothe her, so what if it isn’t me? I see her put on a brave face; wipe those tears away with the back of her hands. It’s him on the phone probably, telling her to smile and so she manages it; just for him.
I want her to triumph in love. It’s all over her face. She’s happy and strong and while he’s around, I will watch her from a distance and make sure she’s fine in her world. I want to her to know if she gets lonely, I’ll be there to save her from falling.
I pray he doesn’t go, for she loves him so!


62 comments:

  1. nice story mehk..some madam told me i'm good at fiction nd look who wrote this....wowww......cud anything be better than this..... he wont go away if its a true love.. . ..nice story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the post, will talk to you later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Mehreen. True love will find its way. Enjoyed it. thnx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this is just the medication i required
    xoxoxo

    missed you so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliantly written!

    Interesting blog! And hey you have 105 'followers'? man o man...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fantastic :) It was so heartfelt, and had the feel of warmth written all over it... lovely story!

    Keep writing... cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wOw...you found a nice way of looking at love...

    Loved the protagonist guy !!!



    ~ Udi here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its as sweet as your warm heart, Sunshine :)

    take care... cheers....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet Mahreen, it is nice to have guardian angel around us. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. u write from the very core of ur heart! Thats why ur posts come out so beautiful n warm.

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. tht was such a sweet and lovely post. :) Jus wht i needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautifully written.. full of heartfelt emotions..
    loved it..
    keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a "lowe story" again. Your fav story, eh!

    I need not say anything about your writing skills and strong creative sense you have, do I?

    Great like always.

    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ ub

    thanks ... sure thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ ste

    thank you thank you sir ste :P
    i love happy endings :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ AD

    xoxo!
    feels nice to be back AD... wanted something sunny and warm this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ priyanka

    it certainly will :)
    thank you for reading

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ noor ali

    hey there.... welcome to my blog... and they are 106, not 105 :P hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you so much arnab :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ udi

    thank you for dropping by :) it's been ages da!

    and you dont need to tell me who you are mister :P i know who triysh is :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you Anna.... your new dp is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ arv

    you always leave me feeling warm with your comments da!
    muah!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ keshi

    i don't know what to say... except, thank you for the sweet words that always leave me with trying to write better and better ... *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ ria

    awww... babes it feels nice to hear that :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ anil

    wait till i email you :P

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks a bunch for reading Amal :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. @ Ki

    hehe... you got it sister ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks Raaji :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. @ sib

    thanks for bringing me back sib! i had no clue when i'd feel like writing again

    muah!

    ReplyDelete
  30. enjoyed the story dear... always loved how you write down emotions and make it sound so so soooooooo real... loved each word :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. at times being understanding, patient and letting go are not the mantras! i wished he open up rather than being silent in his love!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Made it here, Mehek. :-)

    Another warm wish and such beautiful portrayal of emotions. I like the 3rd person narrative.

    There's not much i can say that i haven't already said before.

    U shine, always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I read it thrice! I loved it that much. I wish I could copy it and put it in my notebook! (:

    Di...this was simply you (:
    something you're stunningly amazing at! Keep coming up with such things. You inspire me soooooooooo much (:

    ReplyDelete
  34. That was humility dear ....


    Come on now dont be lazy post...U are making me wait...Its not at all good...!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That was humility dear ....


    Come on now dont be lazy post...U are making me wait...Its not at all good...!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. god was i the first to commnt.....

    yays.....yippie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. brilliant it was meher. :)

    hw r u dear. sorry 4 bng late. i am stuck up with colg work plus my lappy is not working properly.

    take care .

    hugssssssss :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. now that rite thr is brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. nice story girl...doesn't look like a fiction ...infact your every story seems like that...So much heart and soul in this one .....

    Lovely though if it is indeed a fiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. You feel when u write and your readers can relate to it so well.Beautiful,needless to add. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I dunno why..but I had to re-read it to understand, felt very numb reading it once, as if someone told me a story I've heard before.
    True love always finds its way.
    Beautiful work of fiction.
    Sorry for a 2-day late response, have been a bit miffed. =)
    Howdie?

    ReplyDelete
  42. @ Lena

    thank you... feels great to hear it from someone who's so good at penning down love :) muah!

    ReplyDelete
  43. @ anil

    you are right buddy... just wanted to create a girl who was loved silently, i wanted her to have someone to fall on, even when she thinks it's the end... i still wanted a surprise for her... so that there is no end to how much she's loved :)

    get my funda??? :P

    ReplyDelete
  44. @ trevor

    thank you for making it here when u said ur net connection bugged you a lot :)

    thank you so much... it's all because of you wonderful people i get the motivation to write fictions :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. @ udi

    emmmm i didn't get it :-/

    im making you wait for what?? :)
    elaborate plz!

    ReplyDelete
  46. @ shruti bee

    thank you so much for those loving words lill bee :)
    muah... ur a sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete
  47. @ ste

    *high five*

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  48. thanks Mayz :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. @ preeti

    but i'm happy you dropped by sweety... thanks for liking this one! and the warm encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. thank you Anurag :)

    yes it's fiction... glad you liked it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. @ illeen

    thank you girl :) *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  52. @ crystal

    it's okay sweety, even i'm late on so many blogs these days... glad you liked it :)
    keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Mehreen,

    Totally engrossing. It takes you along and makes you too wish that she remains happy always. Keep writing.

    Take care

    PS : Still waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  54. singes downa nd mixes with my mind.. sweet as hunney

    ReplyDelete
  55. Salaams Mehreen
    Hey where are you, not visited me for long long time.

    Nice one as usual but this one was more warm, like warmsunshine, hey did I say that ;), I enjoyed reading your last post but never managed to post a comment, that was more sweet casual and light feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hiii
    Just wanted to you have a nice blog....enjoyed my stay here....Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great Post.. amazingly written.. i thougt it might have a sad end.. thank god it dsnt :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love this.
    Geez, I learn so many things from your blog- especially new thoughts of certain things and to think 'secondhand- further more'


    I praise every single words thats typed onto your page.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails