Friday, October 2, 2009

And We Danced



My eyes lit up as he swayed me to the music. In a split second, I discovered the fire in me, lighting up my very existence, with dreams, new possibilites, a new flair... He held my hand softly, and I felt like a painter's masterpiece. It was how I knew arts; art always came from a place within you that was the purest. And it came to you as a gift, something that you not define, but only express, in various forms. He made me feel like a piece of art. I felt like a thousand colors, all bright and beautiful, captivating, mesmerizing, enchanting. The colors that spoke to me each day, I was one of them now; a dazzling red one moment, a soothing blue the other, gentle as white, a sophisticated pink the other, yellow with a tinge of orange like the bright sun, a seductive black, a peaceful green the other... I laughed, and the sound of my laughter broke into a thousand little pieces that he said were like music to his ears, dancing around us, making the rhythms stronger, the air more dreamy. I suddenly knew passion with innocence, the distance that came with being close, knowing yourself completely for a moment, losing yourself to someone the other.


--
on August 28th, 09.


26 comments:

  1. Thank God! You danced at last. I am glad you did, girl. I would have paid to watch you dance.

    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The person you love is the luckiest in this world :)-No other words for your master writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the post - it remained me of the time when I first tapped my feets with her :)

    by the way ...

    today my blog completes one year - pls do drop by and comment on it if ul get time @ http://19goes20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short and sweet..!!
    Could feel romance oozing from the lines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and sweet!!!

    Am happy for you Mehreen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. from the heart shows always. wonderfully composed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God! How do I even start and tell you how wonderful this is...

    "I lauhed, and the sound of my laughter broke into a thousand little pieces that he said were like music to his ears..."

    Simply Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow beautifully written mehreen...btw belated eid wishes..sorry been busy...where are my "sevaaiaan's ;)...

    hey ur marraige ain't far away is it..feeling the jitters ??...chalo koi naii...sevaiyaan tab khaa lenge :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ sib

    hey thanks! yea i danced like no one was watching :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ pulkit

    wow... congrats mate! will pay a visit surely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww thanks Aditya!
    i hope he's lucky enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks mani :)
    how are you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for reading illeen. how have you been girl?

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks a lot AD :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks Anurag.... yea the jitters are hsaking me up real good :D

    han han kha lena tum sivayyaan :P ill keep ur share hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you Rakesh :)
    glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Superb... Simply wonderful...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mehreen,

    Love in the air? Bud about to bloom. Very nice description.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  19. that was really sweet...i must say that u r really a great writer, its not possible to find words for all you feel, but u have done that and that too very beautifully crafted...
    i m simply falling in love with your writings...keep on going..m waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful, Mehreen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww....that was so so romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. One of the most romantic pieces that I ever read! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails